Nutrition Training for Direct Care Staff
Investing in your staff will benefit your clients, your company and your caregivers.
Your company will have peace of mind knowing that staff is skilled to provide safe and nutritious meals to your clients.
Caregivers feel more qualified to perform their job and valued by their employers leading to loyalty and increased retention.
Cooking Class Topics
Basic Cooking Skills
Build a strong foundation with Basic Cooking Skills. Caregivers learn fundamental kitchen skills and knowledge. Online lessons use how-to video, interactions and knowledge checks to engage learners.
- Keeping kitchens safe and clean
- Protecting elders from foodborne illness
- Nutrition's role in health and well-being
- Planning meals and grocery shopping
- Seasoning food while reducing salt
- Setting the table and food presentation
- Brewing coffee and tea
- Cooking vegetables, fruit, grains and protein foods
Accommodate elders' special dietary needs in Cooking for Chronic Conditions. Caregivers learn about special nutritional considerations, planning meals and cooking and serving food to meet daily calorie needs.
- Managing common food allergies in elders
- Food preparation considerations for Celiac disease
- Diabetic meal planning and Carb Choices
- Providing safe and nutritionally adequate meals for those with Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Foods' impact on high blood pressure and heart failure
- Creating heart healthy meals
- Nutritional guidelines and mealtime provisions for COPD
Create a Staff of Professional Caregivers
Offering career development opportunities will motivate, engage and improve job satisfaction within your organization's staff.
Promote your Organizations Commitment to Mealtime Satisfaction with Certifications.
Caregivers Kitchen applauds your organization's commitment to training in nutrition and cooking skills. While caregivers are recognized for completing individual courses, home care providers are invited to become a Culinary Skills for Caregivers Certified Organization.
Promote your staff's kitchen skills and commitment to mealtime satisfaction by proudly displaying Culinary Skills for Caregivers Certifications on marketing and promotional products. Contact a sales representative for more information.
Master level Certified Organizations employ caregivers who have successfully completed Hybrid Training for topics in Basic Cooking and Chronic Conditions.
Expert level Certified Organizations employ caregivers who have successfully completed
topics within Basic Cooking and Chronic Conditions Online Learning.
Associate level Certified Organizations employ caregivers who have successfully completed topics within Basic Cooking Skills Online Learning.